Classes for Adults
We provide classes for all students – beginning, elementary, intermediate and advanced. Courses take place once a week and last 90 minutes. We offer both in-person and online sessions and can also accommodate students who want to study privately. Reach out to us and we will try to find the right fit for you!
Academic Calendar 2022/2023
Fall: From September 26th to December 2nd, 2022 (10 weeks)
Winter: From January 2nd to March 10th, 2023 (10 weeks)
Spring: From March 20th to May 26th, 2023 (10 weeks)
Spring Quarter Schedule
- Monday 7:15–8:45 PM
- Wednesday 2:30–4:00 PM
- Monday 5:30–7:00 PM
Please, check your time zone before signing up. The schedule below is in Chicago/Central Time. Students don't need to be from the Chicagoland area to join our online sessions. Anyone is welcome!
- Wednesday 6:30–8:00 PM CT
- Wednesday 4:45–6:15 PM CT
- Tuesday 5:30–7:00 PM CT
Beginners I (complete beginners)
- Zero or minimal knowledge of the Czech language is required.
- This course will cover following:
- introducing yourself, the difference between formal and informal Czech
- numbers, grammatical and natural gender
- most common topics: food and drinks, family
- adjectives and possessive pronouns
- verbs in the present tense
Beginners II (for returning students and those who take a level test)
- Basic knowledge of the Czech language is required. Students can introduce themselves, talk about their family, simply describe their surroundings, talk about their day.
- This course will cover following:
- practice and deepen verbs in the present tense
- modals verbs (can, must, be able to)
- accusative (4th case)
- topics: restaurant, orientation in the city, public transportation
- introduction to the past tense
Beginners III - To enter Beginners III Level you need to be a returning student or take a level test.
Elementary - To enter Elementary Level you need to be a returning student or take a level test.
Intermediate - To enter Intermediate Level you need to be a returning student or take a level test.
Advanced - To enter Advanced Level you need to be a returning student or take a level test.
If you are not sure what level to choose, please contact our lecturer, Kristýna Horáčková, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will schedule a short online consultation to help you get placed in the right level.
Number of Students
A minimum of 5 students is required in order to open a course. The maximum is 12 students per class. Should a course be canceled, students may opt for an alternative course at a different time, or request a full refund of the tuition fee.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, March 15, 2023. The schedule will be confirmed to each student by the same day (Wednesday, March 15, 2023).
Registration and Tuition
To register for a class, please fill in the online registration form. No paper form is necessary. The tuition is $200 per quarter. You can pay online or by a check.
- Online - Please, use the details below to pay the tuition through Venmo or PayPal.
- PayPal: email@example.com
- Venmo: @masaryk-czech-school
- Check - Please, make your check payable to the T. G. Masaryk School and write the full name of the student on the memo line (if different from the account holder's name). Mail the check to the school by the registration deadline (March 15, 2023). The address is 5701 W 22nd Place, Cicero, IL 60804.
The Masaryk School is excited to welcome newly appointed lector, Kristýna Horáčková. Kristýna graduated in Czech Language and Literature at Charles University in Prague and has been teaching Czech to foreigners for 11 years. She has worked in language schools and non-profit organizations and has experience with students from all over the world. In addition to teaching Czech to foreigners, she is also involved in further education of lecturers and teachers.